Usually e-mails are delivered instantly (within seconds) to the recipients. Our statistics show that an email leaves the Mira system within 1 second. To achieve this we are using Mandrill.
If an e-mail takes more than 10-20 minutes to reach the end user something is not normal and further investigation could be is necessary.
1. Take a look at the Campain History page in your system.
2. To see if there is any problems with Mandrill go to http://status.mandrillapp.com/
3. Contact Mira Live and we will investigare further.
If you want to understand what happens then an email is delivered to a recipient, please read further.
When mails are sent from your Mira system there are a lot of things that happen:
1. The mail is sent from the Mira system to Mandrill (www.mandrill.com)
2. Mandrill sends the mail to the recipient
3. The e-mail might pass several SMTP-Servers (mail servers) on its way to the recipients mail box.
In each of these steps there might be delays.