In Mira access to functionality is controlled by giving a user access to certain modules in the system (“module based permissions”).
This means that you can limit access to e.g. fundraising information by only giving access to the fundraising module to relevant users. Access to fundraising information both on an aggregated level and for persons and organisations is only available for users who have access to the fundraising module.
Users with system administration privilege assign access to different modules of the system for other users on the tab “user information” in the person profile. What permissions are available depends on what modules you subscribe to.
- CRM – This is the base module and allows a user to log in to the system, see the startpage, access persons and organizations, activities and queries.
- System administration – This gives access to the tab Permissions in the person profile where you control permissions for other users. It also gives access to the functionality under System administration in the left side main navigation.
- Email Communications – This gives access to sending emails through the system to single persons from the person profile and from queries.
- SMS (text messaging) – This gives access to sending text messages through the system to single persons from the person profile and from queries
- Event management – This gives access to creating events and manage event registrations. This also gives access to managing event series if you have that add on module
- Memberships management – This module give acccess to manage membership and membership subscriptions
- Portal management – This gives access to portal administration
- Career opportunities (public) – This allows an administrator to manage and approve adds published by partners on the public page
- Career opportunities (portal) – This allows an administrator to manage and approve adds published by partners in the portal
- Alumni relations – Gives an administrator the possibility to invite alumni to the system and manage the alumni map
- Fundraising – Access to the functionality under Fundraising in the left side main navigation and the tabs / activity types Gifts and Major gift opportunities on person profiles and organization profiles. Also gives access to the Alternate contact information (fundraising) in the person profile. Access to fundraising reports on process tab for queries
- Corporate Relations – This gives access to managing corporate partners
- Education management – This gives access to managing educations and courses along with
All users in Mira are persons. When you assign permissions to a person, a user with login credentials is created. If you remove all permissions for a person, the actions performed in the system remains logged to that person. Therefore you should normally not remove a person for a user, even though that person no longer have access to the system.