SSL-certificates are used to encrypt data from the end-users browser and the web server. That makes it difficult to eavesdrop on what a user does and secures data integrity. Certificates are valid during a certain time period.
Installing a new certificate
When a site should be encrypted or a certificate is no longer valid a new certificate needs to be installed. This is done in the follwing way.
- Mira contacts you to get the mailadress from where the certificate should be validated. Only the e-mail addresses below are possible to use:
- Mira contacts the issuer of SSL-certificates
- You receive an email that looks like this
- Click on the link in the mail
- Let Mira know that the certificate has been approved
- The new certificate will be installed
Known problems when verifiying a new certificate
Problem: The mail with the link to verify the certificate is not delivered.
Possible solution: Please check the spam filter and make sure that the mail adress is valid
Problem: Incorrect mailaddress
Description: Your domain must be the exact domain of the domain the certificate should be valid for. E.g., it is not possible to validate a certificate for the domain myorganization.com from the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Possible solution: Look for the email in the correct mailbox or change the email address to where the confirmation mail is sent.